Worcester Summer School – Care of Students
A Message from Sue Johns (Summer School Director)
“When creating the policies and programme for our teenage students, my overriding priority was to ensure the safety and well-being of the teenagers in my care. I looked at everything from the point of view of a parent sending my own children on a foreign language course. My guarantee to you is that we have done everything possible to ensure your child is safe and well cared for.”
Summer School Staff
- have appropriate qualifications and personalities
- have training to recognise and deal with welfare issues
- are available during breaks to chat with students
- are friendly, welcoming and native English speakers
- provide a clean and comfortable home for our students
- sign and abide by our Code of Practice to ensure minimum standards
Communication at all times
On your child’s first day at summer school, we will invite them to join the Whatsapp group run by our Activity Leaders. This is an immediate way of sending messages to the whole group eg reminders about meeting times & places so is a very useful communication device.
“We are conscious of the trust you have put in us and can promise you that we will take very good care of your child.”
Summer School Director
Parents & Students…
Please print off the following documents and read them carefully. They let you know what we expect of our students and we need your agreement to them before you come to the summer school.
Safeguarding of Under-18s
- All Summer School staff looking after under-18s are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked to ensure your youngsters are in the care of properly qualified staff.
- All under-18s are under the care and supervision of school staff during the course and activities. During free time there are constant checks to ensure students follow school rules at all times.
- All homestays are also DBS checked and act ‘in loco parentis’ which means they will look after their students as though they were their parents.
English Summer School for Ages 13-17 Years from Sunday 10th July 2022 - Sunday 7th August 2022
Worcester Summer School, 40 Foregate Street, Worcester WR1 1EE, UK | Tel : +44 1905 619877 | Email : email@example.com
Worcester Summer School is a trading name of Worcester Education Limited